Saturday 29 January 2011

Old Adverts



It says "They're even better for 72" just a pitty 72 was the final year for them. By this time they had a good line up of bikes, even a new model due out, the BSA Fury 350. Having seen the Fury and the Triumph version, the Bandit, they were good looking bikes.. what might have been if they hadn't ran out of money and backing...



BSA Fury SS



Just an up date, heres a pic I took of the BSA and Triumph at the NMM



click title to see the advert for the above Fury, yes one for sale!

2 comments:

  1. Have to agree, those were gorgeous little bikes. To think they were outta business before they had a chance to come up with newer designs and ideas that could've saved them

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Triumph/BSA 350's that never were. I remember being quite excited about these after reading of them in the cycle mags. Also the up and coming CB 500's from Honda in 71. I ended up moving up to a CB 350 Honda(from a CL 175K3) when we were let down by the British MC industry.
    It served me faithfully as my first "Cafe-racer" (CB 450 gas tank, lo bars, and Hooker header...painted a hideous Root-beer brown metallic...). A few years later I bought a used early CB 500, that was also done up "Cafe" style.
    Too bad they killed production of the DOHC 350's. I would have bought one. HL

    ReplyDelete