Sunday 5 June 2011

Friday Bike

A while back there was a post on an advert showing the last of the BSA line up for 72, which lead on to talking about the BSA Fury/ Triumph Bandit. As expected when the factory closed there would be loads of spares to dispose of, and among the parts was quite a few frames for the "new" Bandit/ Fury's. I remember seeing a few dealers advertising them for sale in the magazines, even into the 80s. Over the years I've seen a few specials built with the frames. Triumph/ BSA had a go at building other "projects" with them, with a couple of them on show at the NMM.
So what brought on this post? well I was at a CRMC race meeting and spotted the bike below, its built round a Bandit frame, using a late 650 (70s) Triumph motor with a 750 parallel inlet head, topped off with a Bandit fuel tank... it goes as well as it looks

4 comments:

  1. That's nice looking.....if only they had put the Bandit/Fury into Production back then.

    Those might've been a desireable bike to have now. But as we all know.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frame looks a lot like A Commando(minus isolastics). I wanted one, only to be disappointed. (but not as disappointed as I'll be if "blogger" doesn't let me post this...hoping third time, or is it the fourth...is the charm).Anyway, you have to wonder what effect the release of that bike would have had on the rest of the industry. A Honda DOHC 350 twin? Yamaha putting more effort int their early DOHC efforts? Oh well, it's good to see the hammer wasn't taken to all the parts. I didn't know they sold frames from these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bodger you've seen some of the factory specials built using this frame, there could have been a good line up of bikes using it.... only if..

    HL, I think there were quite a few job lots of BSA spares sold off or other wise and found there way to dealers at "special" prices (cheap)

    Talking of blogging, I am having problems in that I can't log on to leave comments on other sites, just my own, so am not ignoring you, just can't post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you can talk to yourself, but not us? We just thought you were being Extra-Grumpy Kawa...seems like I'm not the only one having probs here...hope it all gets fixed soon. I'm amazed that it works at all. I kept getting "un-logged off" or something...didn't know if I could take another "word-verification". That, and I still don't have a clue what I'm about most of time!!

    ReplyDelete