Saturday 12 February 2011

Just a Photo



Another pic from Larry, it looks like a 1947 Chevy pickup to me, maybe Larry can confirm that. Its a project one of his co-workers has just finished, looks great.

Larry's just got back to me to let me know the owner Frank says its a 51 model

Just had a few words from Frank about his pickup







"This is my '51 Chevy.It was sitting in a man's garden just rusting away. It has pretty much been completely restored. It has a 302 Chevy engine (Yes a 302) Chevy only made that engine in 1969 for the Z-28 Camaro. So it "scoots" quite nicely. Free-wheelin' Franklin SMSGT(ret) USAF"

5 comments:

  1. Frank will be jazzed that you featured his truck. As it sits it has the original 6-banger. He's been talking about finding a V-8 for it. Frank just retired from the Air Force reserves. The truck was built between postings overseas during all that has gone on in the middle East. I think it turned out pretty nice. HL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Larry, you could ask Frank to add a few words about the pickup???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure Kawa, I'll see if "Freewheelin' Frank" will add a few words....he's usually not at a loss for words or bashful, ha ha ha..... HL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a great fan of four wheels though I like the look of old Land Rovers and old pick-ups like this.

    Really nice looking Larry, Frank did a nice job on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the engine spec wrong completely. It had already had the original 6 replaced with the V-8, as Frank says above. He says he'll find some "before" pics to send along. HL

    ReplyDelete