Thursday 16 June 2011

MZ




Thought I'd quickly post a few pics of the latest bike to arrive at my door step, its a 1978 MZ 250 TS. There was an email from Mike, the Editor of the MZ riders Thistledown, posted out to everyone saying that a member was looking for a good home for his MZ. So come the following morning I was on the phone to find out a bit more about it, it sounded good so made arrangements to pick it up.
So as you can see in the pics its a bike! The plan is to try and get it running over the weekend , with an idea of taking it for an MOT test at the start of the week. I'll let you know how I get on....

4 comments:

  1. MZ makes 1978 look so 1965...reminds me of my Superhawk or Blackbomber. Looks like it's got some promise. A "get running" proposition hopefully. The only street stroker I ever owned was an H-1. Only for a short period though. My brother had a series of Kawa strokers that were all really drag bikes on the street. I got to scare myself enough times on those. Your MZ has a nice utilitarian look to it, like it might make a nice get to work in the summer ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry am looking forward to getting it on the road, life in the slowish lane. I've got its smaller brother in the basement, a TS 125, its a low mileage one with something like 2000mls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always the bikes from east Germany (at the time) had the looks and personality of a brick. But they did what it said on the tin....got you where you wanted to go which is the big thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talking of tin Bodger, there is quite a lot of it on the bike... built in the days before plastic!



    kawa

    ReplyDelete