Wednesday 22 June 2011

Another Stray......

Just having a read through Larrys latest post, and had a laugh at a comment his mate said, calling him a" motorcycle magnet". Well meet his opposite number on this side of the pond.... another stray motorcycle is making its way to my door step, more info on it tomorrow night when I get it home.

Well here it is, Ex Army Armstrong MT500, to be honest its far better than I thought it would be. This all came about due to me looking for a Rotax engine, still looking for one as this bike is staying together. I'll keep you post on how I get on with it.
MZ booked in for MOT tomorrow :-)

10 comments:

  1. Hmmmm wonder what he's going to bring home next...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry, heres a hint to its past, its done a bit of service in its early years.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it rhyme, with...wee morty?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. I think that someone owes me a pint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike, just the one?? Thanks mate!


    kawa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another toy for the shed???? That's an interesting addition Kawa, will be lookinng forward to it's background at a late date.

    By the by, thanks for the Cotton invite. Even though I'd love to gert a wee Greeves trials machine to play with, not adverse to a Cotton, DOT or anything of that ilk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems to happen a lot to me, I spend time making space, finding new homes for bits and along comes a space filler or two...
    Bodger there will be a wee post on a mans not so small collection of DOT off road bikes which includes a rare RCA twin two stroke engined DOT!

    kawa

    ReplyDelete
  8. So it's not a B 40-rhymes with wee morty. What year is this veteran? Now that's one I have not seen round these parts, only read about them. Looks to be in good shape. Now it's someone else's turn to get a "new" bike...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not quite as old as a B40, this ones from 1985 Larry. I'll not be doing much with it till the end of July as the GPZ1100 needs a few things done before my hols in August.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The markets down on HDs, but if I can, I'll flog mine and see if I can find a nice BSA OIF Lightning or a Commando.

    ReplyDelete