Tuesday 7 June 2011

HD XR750 (GLF)

A couple of weeks ago my mate Andy gave me a call on the phone, he was on his way home from a trip down South to pick up a bike as it turns out. We had a blether and he asks me to guess what sort of bike his friend had bought, knowing the type of bikes Dick likes it had to be a Harley, ah but what model? I started off with early Sportster, KH, nope, then it clicked a XR 750?... it was indeed and as it turns out it was the same one that Side Burn had posted a link to when it was for sale.
I haven't seen the bike yet, but Andy sent me these pics.... very nice!






and a few words from Dick

"The bike was, apparently, built in 1985 by Jim Kelly (later Jay Springsteen's mechanic) for Scott Pearson, who raced with the number ‘95’ plate that season.

I have added the letters GLF because I had a shot on it this afternoon and it does indeen Go Like Fuck !!!!"

3 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed, and with it's pedigree I 'magine it does get with the program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking, though I maybe biased a little (OK a lot) towards a BSA or Norton flattracker.

    That really is a great looking bike though and as Larry says, with that pedigree, makes it all the much better

    ReplyDelete