Tuesday 28 December 2010

Old Adverts




What can I say about this "thing", did they sell, did anyone buy one and has anyone seen one?
Since posting this ad I had a look for info on the Sno Runner, and yes they did sell them, here's a link to their late 70s promo film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IuS_H51_2E
You'll also see some up to date vids of people using them on Youtube.
Looking for a bit of history, click on this link and go down to Chrysler http://www.vintagesnowmobiles.50megs.com/BROCHURES.html , the site won't let me copy and paste.
Just found THE Sno Runner site, click title to go to it
Now where do I find one...

5 comments:

  1. I think I saw the ads for these years ago, never saw one though. Will have to look on eBay just for fun to see if there's any on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bodger, if you click on "old advert" it'll take you to a site with a couple of second hand ones and a new one in the crate! They look like a bit of fun, wouldn't mind a go on one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one of those! Reminds me of those "sno-bikes" the Beatles were fooling around with in the "Help" movie...but these have a motor. Also reminds me of a bolt-on kit they had for motorcycles to turn them into sno-mobiles. In the adverts for those, they were attached to Norton Commando's! There is a company producing something similar currently. This "thing" is definitely compact and simple looking. HL

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like just the thing for all the snow you've gotten! Do look like fun don't they?

    Did look on eBay just to see if they even showed anything and there were three complete along with bits and bobs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bodger managed to stay off ebay since you said theres a couple on there, if I go on I'll end up bidding :-)

    ReplyDelete