Thursday 3 March 2011

My Bikes




One of my bikes is a 1982 Kawasaki GPZ1100 B2, I've had it six years now. It was imported from the USA in 1998. When I bought the bike it was fairly original, bar missing the fairing and wearing B1 bodywork, but over the years the rust started coming through the paint on the tank. So a month or so back I had it all repainted in the original Fire Cracker Red, but went for black and white lines on the tank, think it looks great. once I get time I'll post a pic of the bike with the new paint work fitted.

3 comments:

  1. That new paint looks good, can't wait to see it on the bike. The way you changed the stripes is interesting.You'll just have to smile when people tell you they used to have one "just like it." HL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or the "That's not the correct color scheme for that" comments from the anoraks.

    Does look good Kawa. Looks lie a really good paint job. Hopefully I'll be able to get semi close to that when I go to paint Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bodger, this isn't one of my own paint jobs, had it done at a car shop near the work, its not 100% but for a use anytime bike its fine.... first event I got to there will be an"Anorak" waiting, lol

    ReplyDelete