Friday 4 March 2011

Friday Bike



This bike is a 1976 Red Line Engineering XR75. It has a nickel plated chrome-moly frame and swingarm, Ceriani forks and clamps, 17” front wheel, P.K. Racing ignition and 82cc piston, DG pipe.. list goes on. Its far from standard but most were modified as soon as they bought them.

Ok its a "Kiddies" bike, but very important as these bikes were the stepping stones to an interest in motorcycles and the sport. The honda XR75 would have been every Kids dream bike back in the 70s, it looked like the "big" bikes and was a great bike in Jnr motocross, being the bike to have
I came across this blog BBR Motorsports Inc (click title to go to link) and it shows the interest is still there with the small bikes, just the owners are a bit older.
On the home page of the blog you'll see a link to their shop, have a look its interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Waddaya mean a "kiddie's" bike? I've got two XR-75's. That's a "pit bike" for grownups. Ha ha ha.. I'll have to check that blog out. I've had more fun on small bore dirt bikes...and I'm 6' 2" and I believe close to 14 stone as youall put it.Yeah, if I plan on doing some trials riding, I better get back on a pushbike....Hairy Larry

    ReplyDelete